Thursday, December 9, 2010

Barriers I had when i just came America

Culture is different between American and Asian. As a intenational here ,i faced a lot problem.Like i have struggled with lots of communication problems.Our vallues and perceptions always judge different behaviors as wrong.

For example ,once my Vietmanese classmates came to my home and  they just walked into my kitchen and opened the refrigerator to check what insider was,and later started ti check cabinets.To me,this is very rude.I never do like this.I still have no idea why they did this.But one of my friends told me that is action happends normally in Vitnam because their parents told them to do if they visit other's house.They check your kitchen in order to know whether you cook or not and know your life style.Most importantly cooing every meal is a basic necessity for Vietmanese daily life.

Moreover i have high anxiety whenever i have a conversation with Americans.I do not know how i should react to American customs or attitudes.Ofentimes i feel helpless, hopeless and tired after analyzing messages for a whole day.I often cannot keep the conversation going and I just pretend that I understand and give smiles instead.

After one year study ,i feel much better ,less and less barriers in my  daily life.


----By   YIHUA HU

No comments:

Post a Comment