Saturday, December 4, 2010

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is on November 25, 2010what is Thanksgiving???
when I first came to America and had the first Thanksgiving with my family at my cousin's house
On the Thanksgiving day, I ask my mommy what is Thansgiving about? is it to thanks someone and what do people eat on this day. However, my mommy had told me what is Thanksgiving really about. The Native Americans who survived were herded onto reservations, where they faced their own set of challenges. This form of apartheid separated Native Americans physically, socially, and economically from the world outside the reservation. Americans mark this holiday as an occasion to give thanks and gratitude for their perceived blessings, that benign and admirable purpose too often takes a back seat to what Thanksgiving has become. people will eat turkey Turkey Stuffing Mashed potatoes , Green bean casserole, Sweet potato pie, Cranberry sauceand Pumpkin pie. this is the food that I had ate at my cousin's house. My cousin rost the turkey and made all the foods. she is great cooker.
doesent it looks delicious  to you~~~
this is all made by my cousin, Michelle.

my mom told me that we are the Asian in American and we should celebrate this holiday.
and I was enjoy of Thanksgiving! not just eating the meal, I thanks for my parent because she took my older sister, younger brother and I to America. let me to have a great education and had a great life. And I wants to thanks for my friends. Thanks for them when I needs them. they are great friends because they can tell when do you feel sad just by looking your eyes. and they know. they art true FRIEND
I love you all~~

- ANGIE LONG

No comments:

Post a Comment