Thursday, December 9, 2010

chinese food

When I was young, my grandparents always took me to go to restaurants with them to eat lunch.  We always went to Chinese restaurants, so I always wondered, how come we never went to McDonald’s or something like that.  Now I don’t even like McDonald’s and I like to eat dim sum, but I always wondered what it was.  My grandparents told me it was better not for me to know what was in it because I probably wouldn’t eat it anymore.  I learned that one of the dish that my grandparents eat was something gross and decided I would never eat that.  I thought that asian food was gross and used animals that nobody else would eat like monkeys or dogs.  After talking to my roommate, I discovered that Asians aren’t the only people to eat stuff like that.  Every culture has its own kind of food and they may seem gross to others, but its normal for them, so don’t bag on people just because they are different.

No comments:

Post a Comment